- Hits: 995
Bumble Mosaic Berry Afghan
Square Afghan will measure approximately 5.25 Feet square using 14 balls of 100 g or 3.5 oz yarn balls. Use more balls if desired to be bigger.
Each square took me roughly 9 minutes each to complete. This afghan has 128 squares and was assembled on a diagonal instead of horizontal axis. To get the same size in a horizontal axis, you will need 143 squares instead and you will need 3 extra balls to pull off the 143 squares.
11 Balls were used for the squares and three were used for the attaching and perimeter of this afghan.
Size I Crochet Hook or 5.5 MM
14 Balls - Bernat Mosaic Yarn, 300 G or 10.5 OZ Balls, colour used is "Medusa". One colour ball creates random colour squares as shown.
Please note that Mosaic Yarn is thinner than Value Yarn. It will produce smaller squares but are ideal for the colour effectiveness of this afghan.
No changing colour is required. The yarn does the work for you.
This afghan took me about 30 hours to make from scratch.
For Diagonal attaching, as seen in the picture above, do 128 Squares. For Horizontal attaching, do 143 squares.
- Ch 6 and join, ch 3 (counts as 1st dc) 15 dc and join to top of ch 3, 16 dc
- Dc ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1) *dc, ch 1 in each dc around, be sure to count 16 or the next round will not match properly.
- Ch 3 and put 2 DC into the same space. *Ch1 and put 3 dc, in the second ch1 space on the previous row. Skip next Ch1 space and put 3dc, ch2, 3 dc, ch1 repeat *twice, sk space, 3 dc ch 1 and join.
- ch 3, 2dc, ch 1, skip to next space *3 dc, ch 1, skip to next space 3 dc, ch1, 3dc, ch 2, 3dc, ch1 (corner made) continue from around and join, sl st to corner
- ch 3, 2dc, ch 1, skip to next space *3 dc, ch 1, skip to next space 3 dc, skip to next space 3 DC, ch1, 3dc, ch 2, 3dc, ch1 (corner made) continue from around and join, sl st to corner
- Fasten off.