- Last Updated: Wednesday, 20 June 2012 21:29
- Hits: 339
June 20, 2012
The Crochet Crowd® Forum / Group Rules
Hello and Welcome to The Crochet Crowd;
The Crochet Crowd is controlled by Michael Sellick & Cathy Cunningham. We started our group and social media forums to provide people with a global community creative perspective so that members could express their individual creativity through crochet and other fibre arts perspectives. We welcome and encouraged participation. Our main objective is to teach crochet and support each other We are here to have a memorable and positive experience.
To protect our group and general health of our communities, Cathy has researched fair practice rules to ensure our community's members are protected and an enjoyable sharing community is maintained.
Our House Rules:
- Be friendly! This is a happy and positive place to learn, support, share and chat with each other about our creativity.
- We have a zero tolerance policy to cyber bullying, harassment, racism and non-constructive comments. The person or persons, who choose to do this, will be banned from our group.
- Respect each other’s creative influence of ideas, design and implementation of their crafting abilities. ~If you don’t have anything nice to say, then keep your comments to yourself.~
- This is not a place to advertise or sell your crochet or fiber art items. Any picture or links that advertise your items for sale in any way will be removed. Use ETSY and Ravelry for these sorts of postings. If you want to share your esty store, website or blog where you are selling items please share a link with people in a private message or email so there is no confusion.
- **There is a NO DISCUSSION POLICY on Copyright Laws. This includes sharing opinions and information regarding copyright laws** This topic causes much confusion and angst on our page. If there is any mention of copyright issues on the page the post will be deleted without notice.
- Please come and enjoy the group. Don’t feel like you have to “POLICE” every post and then private message us about what you saw. We are monitoring the page, if we see an issue we will catch it and take care of it. If we miss some issues then we miss some, but that’s okay. This is a FUN crochet site not national security… those not abiding by copyright laws or the group rules are doing so at there own risk and it will catch up to them…. You can relax, them maybe not….
- We sometimes use suggestive, dry humor and a play on words when speaking; however, there is no reason to be using profanity within our community forums.
- Respect other's privacy and right to choose by not adding new people to the group without asking them if they want to be a member first.
- No cyber bullying, racism comments or humor, and non constructive criticism.
~To Post or not to post?~ A break down….
You can post
- Encouraging and supportive comments to each other.
- A picture of something you made from a free pattern.
- A link to a free pattern (not the pattern itself in the form of pasting and copying information to our social media sites.
- You are under no obligation to share the link (unless the pattern is copy written) however, be expected that people will ask, plead and beg for the links.
- A picture of something you made from a purchase pattern: Adding a link isn't required here either unless the pattern is copy written.
- In this case its smart to add a link to the pattern or mention your source so the original designer/owner gets recognition for their work and its not claimed as your own (this includes patterns found in magazines, books, websites and blogs even if you came across the pattern free yourself) I.e. someone gave you a book.
What you CANNOT post:
- You shouldn't share Patterns you've purchased from websites, blogs books or magazines (even if the book or magazine was free to you) these are still copy written patterns.
- Exchanging emails or private massage containing actual purchased patterns rests on your shoulders. We strongly advise against doing this. Remember things on the Internet can be tracked. If a company/author has found wrong doing they can take legal action.
- The Crochet Crowd® will NOT be held responsible for post of this nature. If you choose to get involved in activity like this you’re on your own.
- We will remove post of this nature if we see them being posted on our page.
- You are legally NOT allowed to photograph a pattern or item in a book, magazine, or pamphlet and post it for copyright reasons whether you mention the source or not.
- Don’t post someone else’s work and claim it as your own.
Cyber bullying, harassment, racism and non-constructive comments will not be tolerated
**We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time without notice.**