- Last Updated: Sunday, 13 April 2014 16:52
- Hits: 1161
Crochet Your Own
I was inspired by the Diaper Cover and the Little Sweetie Dress. I thought to myself, "What would happen if I brought two concepts together to create a unique gown for a baby? Could the idea work and could it be affordable?"
To not take away from the creativity of the Little Sweetie Dress designer, I am going to give you the free pattern for the Little Sweetie Dress. She is responsible for figuring out the math associated to doing the neck to the waist of the dress. I am responsible for changing the waist down to the bottom, sleeves and collar.
The meshing takes a while, I am not going to deny that. If you want something more extravagant, you have to spend the time to work on it to get it to look amazing. This is one of those projects where the time is definitely worth it.
This pattern will work in two parts:
- I'm going to give you a link to the Little Sweetie Dress. You can choose 1 of 4 different sizes to complete. 6, 12, 18 or 24 month sizes. Complete the Little Sweetie Dress all the way to the start of the skirt again.
- Once you get to the skirt, come back to this pattern here to complete the instructions for the rest of this dress. The skirt, collar and sleeves are different.
- 2 Skeins of Red Heart Gumdrop for the 6 - 12 month sizes. 3 Skeins for the 18 - 24 month sizes.
- 2 Skeins of Red Heart Sashay Mini for the 6 - 12 month sizes, 3 Skeins for 18 - 24 month sizes.
- 1 Skien using very little of Red Heart Soft Baby Steps for collar and sleeve trim work.