The Crochet Crowd
Welcome to one of the world's largest communities for crocheters and yarn-a-holics. I own The Crochet Crowd and together with Cathy Cunningham, Daniel Zondervan and Colleen Barden, we are your hosts that work hard behind the scenes in keeping our community strong & healthy. Like you, we are addicted to the yarn arts and everything crochet related. We have a mission of 'getting you started'. This simply means we are dedicated in creating an enthusiastic environment for all levels of crocheters.
On our Facebook Fan Page, we are driven by your passion and excitment. We regularily feature our fans' creativity by selecting fan photos for a front row seat to our massive community. Being selected for this honor is like winning a lottery. We randomly select photos to keep it fair to everyone.
Updates on Facebook come from both Cathy and myself. We have 100's of fans that regularily offer help, encouragement and creative expression for appreciating your crochet projects.
In my committment for being community oriented and free educational based, I joined forces with Red Heart Yarns in January 2013 as an Official National Video Educator on YouTube. I am infused with the mission to educate crocheters by using free patterns and offer technique advice through videos. With the help of Red Heart, we run monthly crochet challenges and have opportunities throughout the year to participate in events.
Each Week, Daniel is given the mission to write a fabulous Free Newsletter. We have about 300 - 400 new members sign up each day that automatically receive our newsletter. Our newsletter is educational and inspirational based. It is highly enriched with ideas.
Please enjoy our community. Happy Hook'n!
Our community has been built over six years and we work diligently to provide a fun and relaxed atmosphere. We have built our community with hard work and are sensative to the needs of our members. We keep our Facebook Page almost 'Ad Free' as we can. Our sponsors appear on this website and our newsletter. This is our Community Guidelines for running our social networks. We have a strict policy that we don't go onto other Facebook Pages to solicit ourselves to gain membership and/or sell and expect the same respect in return.
YouTube Learning Channels
These are a few of the YouTube Channels we have. All content on these channels, plus more that you will find on YouTube are free. Most are associated to free patterns and links to those patterns are provided within the description of each video.
Current Crochet Challenges
For all challenge information, please go to our Challenge Page.
Up & Coming Giveaways, Challenges & Live Shows
- Workshops, Challenges & Live Events General
- Creativ Festival, April 25 & 26, 2014
- Big Ball Blowout Bananza, May 22 - 24, 2014
- Annual August Yarn Tent Sale, Aug 11, 12 & 14 - 16. 5 Days of Fun
- September Yarn Tent Sale, September 18 - 20, 2014
- Crochet Cruise - Exotic Cruise Feb 7th, 2015 - Sold Out
- Crochet Cruise - Love Cruise Feb 14th, 2015 - Sold Out
- Winners from Previous Challenges & Giveaways
Advertising on The Crochet Crowd
We have 5 Tiers for advertising with The Crochet Crowd. Ads include exposure on this website as well as our regular edition weekly newsletters. Please note, ads do not include Facebook shout outs or promotions on Facebook. Only events, projects and etc. where Mikey is directly involved will be promoted on Facebook. Our advertisers also get space on our Crochet Crowd App that is a free download through iTunes and Google Play Store. Please contact Mikey for more information.
- You may sell any finished projects you make using Mikey's patterns. You don't need to issue Mikey credit. You are strictly prohibited to sell Mikey's free patterns. All patterns are protected under © Copyright of The Crochet Crowd.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange any emails that we are given.
- Challenges where an email is submitted to us, after each challenge and the winner(s) are determined, all emails are deleted and not automatically added to our newsletter lists.
- We carefully decide who are advertisers are. Banner ads are rated for all ages. Google Ads are intuitive match your personal interests. If this website is showing ads that are inappropriate, it is most likely malware on your own computer that is causing this.
- We are overwhelmed with emails and do not guarantee a personal response. In some cases, some crocheters decide to email Cathy, Daniel and/or myself directly through Facebook. Our Facebook Message systems are severly backlogged with people trying to get our attention. If it best to use our Help Desk Email, located below, when communicating with us.