- Last Updated: Friday, 22 November 2013 00:18
- Hits: 4299
What are your Community Guidelines for Facebook & Google + Communities?
Our ultimate mandate is that The Crowd Crowd remains community oriented & sharing page. We do not intend or want our community page to turn into an advertising or sales forum for the overall enjoyment of our of followers. The Crochet Crowd strongly enforces the protection of our followers from individuals/companies trying to take advantage of the mass.
Our “Recently Posted by Others” Facebook Fan Page and Our Community on Google+ by The Crochet Crowd is strictly a page for inspiration, show'n tell, and therefore NOT used for:
- Linking to other Facebook Pages to generate sales.
- Soliciting sales to a profitable or income generating website.
- Luring tactics such as phishing scams or soliciting members to subscribe in other locations outside of The Crochet Crowd Network.
- Websites requiring membership sign up to access promised content.
- We do not get involved in any schemes such as 'Sub for Sub' or 'Like for Likes'. We grow our community through hardwork and dedication to crochet.
Any postings that violates the above will automatically be deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned from our communities with no questions asked.
Project Photo Postings by Community Members and/or The Crochet Crowd
- A community member is NOT REQUIRED to share a link or disclose a pattern that was used. Others may do research or find similar patterns to post in the thread that belongs to the posting. Many Facebookers do not know how to use Facebook properly to add in links or information pertaining to a pattern during the original post.
- Many community members use patterns and sometimes deviate from the pattern by adding extra embellishments or pattern changes that are not part of the original patterns.
- Many community members also make up their projects as they go, essentially it's free formed, where no pattern has been followed. We need to respect that.
- While some community members feel that a pattern link or information for a pattern should be shared with every posting on The Crochet Crowd, we refuse to enforce this policy as it takes away from the community atmosphere of creativity.
- In many cases, a pattern link is usually shared within a thread as part of the posting. Scroll down through the comments as you may see the pattern is posted further down. If a community member states that there is no pattern available or the pattern is a 'Paid Pattern' where it cannot be shared openly, we need to respect that fact.
- There is NO POLICY that a project being shared on The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page must be from a free pattern. We do not want to limit our creativity on this page.
If you prefer a Facebook that is heavily structured with tight rigid rules, this page isn't for you. We are easy going and allow our community members to communicate and participate without feeling like big brother is watching by constantly harrassing people about our rules.
Community Members Helping Others
- In the event of a Request For Help posted by an individual looking to locate patterns, pictures and/or crafting tools, other members may post links to appropriate websites or information that are related to their request.
Our community has been exceptional in sharing our love of crochet through positive encouragement, picture sharing, and creative inspiration for ALL individuals. We believe in a positive and colourful environment where everyone is welcome to share the yarn arts.
- In the rare event that a member expresses unrelated comments to crocheting, and/or insulting, negative, and/or intentionally hurtful content. Member(s) involved will be removed permanently from our Facebook Community Pages. This includes negative comments, inappropriate pictures, political, religious postings/pictures and/or culture discrimination content.
- We reserve the right to make the final decision to decide what is acceptable for our Facebook Community Page for the overall well being of our community.
- The Crochet Crowd is currently looking at improving its relationships with other business oriented crocheters through our other social media sharing websites.
- Please be patient as we search for other alternatives.
- We take pride in our Facebook Community Page as it remains free of ads to satisfy the followers that have enjoyed the interaction and social atmosphere we have provided over the years.
- In the meantime, ETSY and RAVELRY are specifically designed for this purpose and we encourage you to use those websites at this time.