Scarves, Infinity Wraps and Winter Wear
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 24 July 2013 19:40
- Hits: 19646
Corner To Corner Scarf
This scarf is inspired by Red Heart's Free Pattern for a Corner to Corner Afghan. See bottom of this article for the links and video instructions for that afghan. I am not taking responsibility for designing this pattern. By using Red Heart's pattern and the corner to corner concept, you can make unlimited triangles and 4 sided projects. Corner to corner doesn't mean the project needs to be square.
- Scarf measures 61" long by 6" wide.
- The corner to corner stitch gives a visual look of boxes going across the scarf. There is a total of 7 boxes for the width.
- Size 6.5 mm or Size K Crochet Hook
- 2 Balls of Red Heart Boutique Treasure, Colour is called Tapestry.
- 1 Ball of Red Heart Boutique Changes, colour is called Grey. (border)
Instructions - Pattern is from RedHeart.com modified to make this scarf. I have neccesary permissions from Coats & Clark (Red Heart).
- With Red Heart Boutique Tapestry, Ch 6.Dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch; turn – 1 block made.
Ch 6, dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch, (slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in ch-3 space of previous row; turn – 2 blocks made.
- Ch 6, dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch, [(slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next ch-3 space of previous row] twice; turn – 3 blocks made.
Ch 6, dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch, [(slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next ch-3 space of previous row] 3 times; turn – 4 blocks made.
Continue in in this manner, increasing 1 block on each row until there are 7 blocks across.
Let's now grow the length of the scarf.
- Ch 6, dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch, [(slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next ch-3 space of previous row]. Crochet across as normal. Slip stitch in the last space; turn, do NOT make a block in the last space.
- Slip st across first 3 dc, * (slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next ch-3 space of previous row; repeat from *to last ch-3 space.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have 70 blocks in the length.
- To finalize the corner. slip st across first 3 dc, * (slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next ch-3 space of previous row; repeat from *to last ch-3 space; slip st in last space; turn, do NOT makea block in last space.
- Repeat Step 4 until the final corner is done.
- Fasten off and weave in end.
- Starting in a corner, fasten on Red Heart Boutique Changes.
- For the stitches facing to the outside, 1 Single Crochet (SC) into each. For the boxes where the post is on the outside, 2 SC equally spaced along the post. Go into the stitches of the post and not around the complete post. SC across. For corners, 1 SC, Chain (Ch) 1, 1 SC.
- Crochet all the way around. Slip Stitch. Ch 1, 1 Single Crochet into each single crochet. Corners are 1 SC, 1 Ch, 1 SC into the Ch-1 Gap Space. Crochet around.
- Fasten off and weave in ends.
Corner To Corner Scarf Video Demonstration
Get an Afghan Version of this Pattern
©2013 The Crochet Crowd, Michael Sellick